History of spanking furniture
For corporal punishment in prisons, reformatories and similar institutions, birching horses and similar devices were built. Schools, such as Eton, often had a birching block over which students were laid to be chastised.
The Eton flogging block.
Drawing of a birching horse by Louis Malteste.
A "whipping table for young delinquents" in a Scottish prison (1909).
Simple caning rack from Pudu Prison, Malaysia.
Using normal furniture for spanking
Many pieces of ordinary furniture such as chairs, stools, pouffes, piano benches, barstools, tables, desks, couches, sofas, beds, etc. can also be used for positioning the spankee in a position well-suited for spanking. Cushions, bolsters, rolled-up blankets and pillows are often used to make the position more comfortable for lengthy sessions; in addition, they push the bottom higher up and thus make it more spankable.
Modern spanking furniture
Today, spanking furniture is mainly built for BDSM play. The market for such furniture is comparatively small and commercial pieces sell mostly to BDSM studios.
In practice, spanking fans who need an item of spanking furniture, such as a spanking bench or a spreadeagle table, often build these themselves, or find a friend who is skilled in the crafts of carpentry, sewing, leatherworks and/or upholstering.
In BDSM play, bondage is popular to enhance the experience of a spanking. For example, the spankee can be bound to a St. Andrews Cross. Ropes, handcuffs, straps, belts, bondage tape and similar utilities can be used to restrain the spankee's arms and legs and to keep him or her tied in position.
- Spanking bondage horse & kneeler on Hidden Dungeon
- Deluxe spanking bondage horse & kneeler on Hidden Dungeon
- Dungeon furniture on Fetters
- Spanking horse on The Wicked Wench
- Vibrating spanking bench on Robospanker
- Angles spanking kneeler on ErosBoutique.org
- Angled spanking bench on ErosBoutique.org
- Short saw horse on ErosBoutique.org
- Adjustable A-frame spanking bench on Ssaxtoys.com
- Spanking kneeler on Sex Shop NZ
- Spanking bench on Amys Attic
- Small whipping horse on Amys Attic
- Historic UK corporal punishment apparatuses (such as birching ponies): drawings and photographs
- Whipping table from a Scotland prison, 1909
- Spanking furniture - an overview on Spankoz Australia
- How to build a bondage sawhorse from Babes in BondageLand
- Special order furniture on the Encyclopaedia of Spanking Art
|This page uses content from The Spanking Art Wiki; the original article can be viewed here.|