The jury has gone out in a Sheffield child prostitution and abuse trial, through which six defendants face 42 offences alleged to have been carried out against nine young victims between 2005 and 2012.
Following a six week trial, jurors went out to try and reach a verdict yesterday afternoon.
- Christopher Whiteley, 23, of Weakland Crescent in Hackenthorpe is charged with 13 counts of rape, two counts of conspiracy to rape, two child prostitution offences, two counts of sexual assault on a child under 13, one count of theft and one count of sexual assault;
- Shane Whiteley, 30, also of Weakland Crescent, is charged with three child prostitution offences and two counts of conspiracy to rape;
- Matthew Whiteley, 24, also of Weakland Crescent, is charged with two child prostitution offences, two counts of conspiracy to rape and two counts of sexual activity with a child;
- Amanda Spencer, 26, of Canklow Road, Rotherham, is charged with eight counts of aiding and abetting rape and 12 child prostitution offences;
- Andre Francis-Edge, of Wheatley Road in Parson Cross, Sheffield is charged with one count of rape, one count of conspiracy to rape and one child prostitution offence;
- Taleb Bapir, 39, of Verdon Street, Sheffield, is charged with one count of rape. The defendants deny all charges.
During the opening of the trial last month,prosecutor Peter Hampton identified Amanda Spencer and Christopher Whiteley as the two 'key' figures to have played a role in the prostitution and abuse of the nine alleged victims.
read more ... http://oldestprof.com/index.php/crimewa ... buse-trial